Saturday

Cone folded flower

I sit in my craft room thinking of what to create with my 6x6 paper collection of My Minds eye 'Lost and Found' I decide to create a flower and begin cuttting and punching a few of the sheets and then I think what if I do this..and thats how my new flower creation come to be. I have not seen a flower tutorial like this on the web yet so I have decided to share with you how I have created this fun cone fold flower.

To begin you will need:
1. 1 1/4" Square punch (you may use a 1" unch but I used a 1 1 /4")
2. 3 double sided sheets
3. A paper circle for backing
4. Glue ( I used glossy accents but hot glue will work )
5. A button
6. Bakers twine or any Thread


Lets get started... First punch out 4 squares from each sheet (you should have 12 total)






 
Fold each square into a cone

  
Add glue to the inside of the folds and hold togther to insure the glue holds.
 
Continue to fold each square


This is what they should look like after folding all 12 squares.


 
Assemble each cone in the order you would like ( I alternated each cone)

Add some glue to the circle you cut

Add all the cones to the circle

This is what it should look like it once adhered to the backing

Now grab the button of your choice and thread the bakers twine through the loop holes and tie a knot



Adhere the button to the center of the flower and you are done.


This flower is dimensional and great for scrapbooking have fun creating.

1 comment:

  1. So very pretty!! Thanks for the tutorial.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete