Sunday

Yo yo flowered lamp shade

As I was looking through The Pottery Barn catalog one day I fell in love with this Rose shade lamp. Of course I could not justify paying the price. I decided I could probably recreate it at a cheaper price.

At my local Thrift shop for a $2.00 I found a cream colored lamp shade and base. I also decided I wanted to make it my own by using different colors and flowers. I made 3 different sized yo yo fabric flowers using a yard of muslin. I hot glued flat back pearls to the center of each flower. Then I painted the lamp base a teal color.




It turned out pretty nice, I have a lot of pink in my craft room the teal makes it all come to together.
I have two more lamps I want to re-do and can not wait to share those with you.
Hope you have a great week. As always thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This lamp is beautiful! I love the blue contrast. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete